Tuesday, August 11, 2020

I'm Not Food

"If you look like food, you will be eaten."  That is Clint Smith's immortal warning to the weak, submissive, compliant and unsuspecting folks who wander about blissfully unaware of their immediate situation.  Clint is the co-founder of Thunder Ranch, and while his admonition primarily pertains to staying armed, it can aptly be applied as one's daily mantra in this current environment of civil insurrection.

An example of this irrefutable natural law was presented to me recently.  One of my dearest and closest friends and I endeavored to twice have lunch at local chain restaurants.  Readers of these pages have come understand clearly that I do not wear a mask.  Ever.  Period.  And in spite of my rebellious non-compliance, I have shopped at many stores and restaurants for months - unchallenged - all over my home town.  But my companion, who by her professional training and very nature is eager to enhance the calm, typically complies with the mask wearing edict.  Here in these parts all that is necessary in restaurants is to wear the mask from the front door to one's table.  And in both cases regarding my friend and I, the distance from door to the high top table was less than 4 meters.  Twelve feet.  Six steps.  Three seconds. 

And in both these cases, I had dined at these establishments recently unchallenged and unmasked.  But not on these days in question.  On these two instances I was challenged for not wearing a mask, offered one, but denied service unless and until.  In one case my companion wore a mask, in the other did not. In both cases we elected to dine where our money and patronage would be better appreciated.  By the way, both of the servers-acting-as-maitre d' were twenty-something females, one black, one white, both assertively convinced of their righteousness.  Make of that what you will.

So why the change in attitude exhibited by these two separate and unaligned restaurants regarding my being unmasked?  After all, I'd been in each many times recently, and always unmasked.  Could it be the docile and gentle nature of my companion triggered an instinctive animal awareness of possible prey in these petty tyrants that wrought such aggressiveness?  I think yes.  Even the weak and stupid can perceive non aggression. 

Clint is right.  If you look like prey, you will be attacked.  It's just that simple.  Yet strength comes from within.  As I've written here endlessly, be strong mentally as well as physically.  Regarding this CoVid hoax, you're being lied to.  Simply don't comply with these needless nonsensical petty edicts.  None of these edicts - mask wearing, social distancing, self isolation, whatever - has any bearing on catching a virus; it's merely a test of how much control can be applied to a populace, and how much acceptance and compliance the populace will tolerate.  So far, there's been a hell of a lot of complyin' goin' on.  

And that ain't good.

No comments:

Post a Comment