Thursday, July 28, 2022

Why Being Armed Matters

Well now!  I'm a pretty good shot - I've been told that countless times - but I confess that I'm not sure I could manage 8 out of 10 shots on target at 120 feet, all the while advancing under fire.

But that's exactly what 22 year old Elisjsha Dicken did with his Glock 43 9 mm pistol in an Indiana mall last week.  And he did it in 15 seconds.  And he wasn't shooting at a stationary target; he faced a heavily armed threat with superior firepower.  That my friends, is some damn fine shooting. 

The good guy took out bad guy Jonathan Douglas Sapirman, 20, who had already shot five people with his AR-15 style rifle, three of whom died at the scene.

In today's chaotic and violent culture, in a school, a restaurant, a mall or other "gun free zone", one never knows where danger and death may lurk. And as FBI stats show, it's up to the armed citizen to be responsible for his own safety and security.


Stay vigilant, stay calm, and stay armed.  That is sage advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment